Welcome to AD NCAA Football Top 15 Blog

Hello All and welcome to my NCAA football discussion blog. I have decided to start this blog with the intent of taking a lot of information from around college football to help me come to an educated top 15 teams. Along with listing my top 15 I will also bring a list of unknown players and best weekly match-ups . On weekly match-ups I will try to give you the time and TV listing for each game as those become available. At all times I will reference facts of many sources such as: Phil Steele's and Athlon Sports National preview annuals along with ESPN.COM NCF stories and SI.COM. In doing so I will only be taking factual stories and doing commentary from those pieces. My ideas and Opinions will always be of my own and will bare facts with thought. I hope all readers of my blog will enjoy and comment on the Top 15 and any other commentary or story I bring forth. At the time of this writing the college football season is less then 60 days away and I am sure everybody is excited for it. Enjoy the Blog and God Bless

Monday, July 4, 2011

AD Top 15........Guidelines to rankings and # 15.

To start off the AD Top 15 I am going to give some guidelines to my ranking system.
I have a weighted scale that I use to rank my Top 15 and that scale includes the following components: Coach,QB,Schedule,Returning Players, and other Tangibles such as history,conference strength, Heisman candidates, potential NFL players.  The order of importance on the weighted scale is the same as it reads above. Coaching and Recruiting are the same category. I place so much importance on QB because it is a position in college football that can make or break a football team see the 2010 Auburn Tigers. Some main things I look at in the Schedule are non-conference  BCS  Opponent games home or away with emphasis on a non conference away games and if you play any back to back road games of any kind.    Odd stretches like Away Home Away Away also are looked at. Those are hard scenarios for any team to win national titles with. Then We look at returning starters and It is a basis of just numbers how many and which side of the ball. Typically I like teams with more returning starters on defense with that side being so important. Last is the Other category which is described above. That information I record manually and with some simple math come up with the top 15 shown in this preseason poll. As we move forward throughout the season I will of course take actual games into account along with some of the predefined reasons for my weekly rankings.

#15 THE TEXAS LONGHORNS


WHO ARE THEY:


COACHED BY MACK BROWN OVERALL RECORD (213-103-1)
AT HOME UNDER BROWN 68-11
AWAY UNDER BROWN 46-10
VS TOP 10 UNDER BROWN 10-15
VS BIG 12 UNDER BROWN 84-24
PREVIOUS RECORD (5-7)
RETURNING STARTERS 12  SIX ON BOTH SIDES
QB GARRETT GILBERT


WHO THEY PLAY:


SEP. 3  (H) RICE
SEP. 10 (H) BYU
SEP. 17  @ UCLA
SEP. 24    BYE
OCT. 1  @ IOWA ST
OCT. 8  OKLAHOMA (DALLAS)
OCT. 15 (H) OKLAHOMA ST
OCT. 22 BYE
OCT. 29 (H) KANSAS
NOV. 5  (H) TEXAS TECH
NOV. 12  @  MISSOURI
NOV. 19 (H) KANSAS ST
NOV. 24  @ TEXAS A&M
DEC. 3   @ BAYLOR




WHY #15


It's Texas that is why. 5-7 last season isn't going to keep me away. Mack Brown has done a great job at Texas while he has been the HC. 2 NC appearances and one win.  They have the talent. Talent wasn't the issue last year offense changes along with a QB who really hadn't played in a pro style set much in his life really slowed down the Longhorn production on offense. Gilbert 10 TD and 17 INT's turned the ball over more then he scored it and that will get you beat at this level of football. New running back true freshman Malcolm Brown (Number 1 HS incoming back per phil steele) looks to be the immediate starter and most believe he will instantly add some punch to this Texas offense. If Gilbert can just flip flop his TD to INT ratio and Mack has done a good job replacing coordinating coaches EX. Will Muschamp-HC Florida then I can see Texas going no worse then 9-3.  





No comments:

Post a Comment