Welcome to AD NCAA Football Top 15 Blog

Hello All and welcome to my NCAA football discussion blog. I have decided to start this blog with the intent of taking a lot of information from around college football to help me come to an educated top 15 teams. Along with listing my top 15 I will also bring a list of unknown players and best weekly match-ups . On weekly match-ups I will try to give you the time and TV listing for each game as those become available. At all times I will reference facts of many sources such as: Phil Steele's and Athlon Sports National preview annuals along with ESPN.COM NCF stories and SI.COM. In doing so I will only be taking factual stories and doing commentary from those pieces. My ideas and Opinions will always be of my own and will bare facts with thought. I hope all readers of my blog will enjoy and comment on the Top 15 and any other commentary or story I bring forth. At the time of this writing the college football season is less then 60 days away and I am sure everybody is excited for it. Enjoy the Blog and God Bless

Monday, July 11, 2011

AD Top 15........# EIGHT

#8 THE NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH


WHO THEY ARE

COACHED BY BRIAN KELLY OVERALL RECORD (61-27)
NOTRE DAME UNDER KELLY (8-5)
AT HOME UNDER KELLY (4-3)
AWAY UNDER KELLY (2-1)
VS TOP 10 UNDER KELLY NO GAMES PLAYED
PREVIOUS RECORD (8-5)
RETURNING STARTERS 17 NINE ON OFFENSE AND EIGHT ON DEFENSE
QB- EITHER DAYNE CRIST OR TOMMY REES OR ANDREW HINDRIX
WR MICHAEL FLOYD 1025 YARDS 12 TDS
LB MANTI TE'O 133 TKL

WHO THEY PLAY

SEP.3 (H) USF
SEP.10 @ MICHIGAN
SEP.17 (H) MICHIGAN ST
SEP.24 @ PITTSBURG
OCT.1 @ PURDUE
OCT.8 (H) AIR FORCE
OCT.15 BYE
OCT.22 (H) USC
OCT.29 (H) NAVY
NOV.5 @ WAKE FOREST
NOV.12 MARYLAND (LANDOVER)
NOV.19 (H) BOSTON COLLEGE
NOV.26 @ STANFORD
DEC.3 BYE


WHY #8

Notre Dame has finally found the coach of the future in Brian Kelly. A guy who can install a spread passing attack.  What Notre Dame needed was something a bit newer age to compete at the highest level again. Notre Dame is willing to lax their admission process a bit but they do keep some integrity and some elite level guys just can't get in. That makes Brians job hard,but is exactly why I think he is the guy for the job. He has proven to do great things with less and he will fight that battle at Notre Dame each year. Not that high school players don't want to go to Notre Dame they do. ND just will not take them all like other major programs do. Now that we have went over the challenges of the job let's talk some positives. They are easy to find. National television every game and that is why they are perceived as media darlings. That in some since is true although ND won't play a top ten team every week this season a few wins in a row will place them in the top 10 for sure and it will be quickly like after the Michigan game. So part of this ranking is just based upon how I know the media will react to a nice start for the Fighting Irish out of the gates. Now to so real numbers. 17 returning starters is a great number. The one position that is a big question mark is the most important one and that is QB. CRIST Rees or even HINDRIX  could be in play. Recent reports even mention up to four QBs taking snaps on a rotation.  I Don't like unrest at QB, but the first two both played well last year and I just feel with Kellys playbook and play calling ability that he will keep them out of trouble on his own. Could be ND's best defense in years but I wouldn't call them elite. I would title them good and I really feel they will be able to bring some good pressure to opposing QBs this year with LB MANTI TE'O 133 TKL in command of the defense . I look over the schedule and I see a bunch of wins including Michigan and Michigan state both. I feel that USC,@Stanford and @Pittsburg are the toughest challenges. I will take ND at an even 10 wins and a at large BCS game.

No comments:

Post a Comment