Welcome to AD NCAA Football Top 15 Blog

Hello All and welcome to my NCAA football discussion blog. I have decided to start this blog with the intent of taking a lot of information from around college football to help me come to an educated top 15 teams. Along with listing my top 15 I will also bring a list of unknown players and best weekly match-ups . On weekly match-ups I will try to give you the time and TV listing for each game as those become available. At all times I will reference facts of many sources such as: Phil Steele's and Athlon Sports National preview annuals along with ESPN.COM NCF stories and SI.COM. In doing so I will only be taking factual stories and doing commentary from those pieces. My ideas and Opinions will always be of my own and will bare facts with thought. I hope all readers of my blog will enjoy and comment on the Top 15 and any other commentary or story I bring forth. At the time of this writing the college football season is less then 60 days away and I am sure everybody is excited for it. Enjoy the Blog and God Bless

Monday, July 11, 2011

AD Top 15.......# SEVEN

#7 THE FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES


WHO THEY ARE


COACHED BY JIMBO FISHER OVERALL RECORD (10-4)
AT HOME UNDER FISHER (6-1)
AWAY UNDER FISHER (3-2)
VS TOP 10 UNDER FISHER (0-1)
VS ACC UNDER FISHER (6-3)
PREVIOUS RECORD (10-4)
RETURNING STARTERS 17 NINE ON OFFENSE AND EIGHT ON DEFENSE
QB JR. EJ MANUEL 861 YARDS AND 4-4 TD TO INT RATIO
RB CHRIS THOMPSON 845 YARDS AND 6 TD
WR WILLIE HAULSTEAD 551 YARDS AND 5 TD




WHO THEY PLAY


SEP.3   (H) ULM
SEP.10  (H) CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
SEP.17  (H) OKLAHOMA
SEP.24   @  CLEMSON
OCT.1   BYE
OCT.8    @  WAKE FOREST
OCT.15   @  DUKE
OCT.22  (H) MARYLAND
OCT.29  (H) NC STATE
NOV.3    @  BOSTON COLLEGE
NOV.12  (H) MIAMI
NOV.19  (H) VIRGINIA
NOV.26   @  FLORIDA
DEC.3   ACC CHAMPIONSHIP




WHY #7


The Bobby Bowden years were some of the most successful years in any programs history. We all knew that era had to come to an end at some point in time,and Florida State did a very good job preparing for that with the hiring of now HC Jimbo Fisher as the coach in waiting. Jimbo in his first season at the helm of the Seminoles in some of the biggest shoes that anybody could ever fill in for did a darn good job last season. Ten wins a good bowl win vs a SEC school and has plenty of returning talent coming back this season to challenge for a ACC championship and BCS Game birth. The Noles Return 17 starters on this team. Eight on a defense that was really good last year only allowing 19.6 points per game and 354 yards per game. Of the 354 only 129 of that was rushing allowed. I would bet that number will only improve this season with all of those returning starters on that side of the ball. The offense is really balanced three running backs that had at least 5 touchdowns and three wide receivers all with big play ability all return this season. The real question starts with EJ Manuel. Most people love him and think he is a future great QB in Florida State history.  I believe he showed that potential but that he played vs the worst Florida team in 10 years also a battered South Carolina team in the Bowl. So I guess I am at minimal questioning how great he really is because I haven't yet seen him in a gigantic game vs a top 15 team.  We will see just that very early in the schedule for the seminoles. They play at home vs Oklahoma in a game I label as a National Landscape game. A game that will change the course of this college football season for not just 2 teams but as many as ten. If EJ Manuel and Florida State can beat Oklahoma I honestly believe they will run the rest of the table and play for the national title. I don't think it is going to happen though. I see a loss to Oklahoma and somebody will sneak up on Florida State Throughout the season. I see 10-2 with a trip to the ACC Championship game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment