Welcome to AD NCAA Football Top 15 Blog

Hello All and welcome to my NCAA football discussion blog. I have decided to start this blog with the intent of taking a lot of information from around college football to help me come to an educated top 15 teams. Along with listing my top 15 I will also bring a list of unknown players and best weekly match-ups . On weekly match-ups I will try to give you the time and TV listing for each game as those become available. At all times I will reference facts of many sources such as: Phil Steele's and Athlon Sports National preview annuals along with ESPN.COM NCF stories and SI.COM. In doing so I will only be taking factual stories and doing commentary from those pieces. My ideas and Opinions will always be of my own and will bare facts with thought. I hope all readers of my blog will enjoy and comment on the Top 15 and any other commentary or story I bring forth. At the time of this writing the college football season is less then 60 days away and I am sure everybody is excited for it. Enjoy the Blog and God Bless

Thursday, August 4, 2011

AD Top 15........ # FIVE

#5 THE LSU TIGERS


WHO THEY ARE


COACHED BY LES MILES OVERALL RECORD (90-38)
LSU UNDER MILES (62-17)
AT HOME UNDER MILES (37-6)
AWAY UNDER MILES (18-9)
VS TOP 10 UNDER MILES (9-8)
VS SEC UNDER MILES (34-16)
RETURNING STARTERS 15 EIGHT ON OFFENSE AND SEVEN ON DEFENSE
QB JORDAN JEFFERSON 1411 YARDS 7-10 TD TO INT RATIO + 7 RUSH TD
WR RUSSELL SHEPARD 254 REC YRDS 253 RUSH YRDS 3 TOT TDS
LB RYAN BAKER  87 TKLS WITH 7 SACKS


WHO THEY PLAY


SEP.3   OREGON (ARLINGTON)
SEP.10  (H)  NORTHWESTERN STATE
SEP.15   @   MISSISSIPPI STATE (THURSDAY)
SEP.24   @   WEST VIRGINIA
OCT.1   (H)  KENTUCKY
OCT.8   (H)  FLORIDA
OCT.15   @   TENNESSEE
OCT.22  (H)  AUBURN
OCT.29    BYE
NOV.5    @   ALABAMA
NOV.12  (H)  WESTERN KENTUCKY
NOV.19   @   MISSISSIPPI
NOV.25  (H)  ARKANSAS (FRIDAY)
DEC.3   SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME


WHY #5


The most difficult schedule in the entire SEC and I wonder to myself even why I believe that LSU has a chance to be one of the best teams in the county. It all comes down to talent. LSU over the years has collected the best talent in the country and in years that a majority of that talent has been returning they have been very successful. Two National titles in years such as those and this year is another year with a large percentage of an older team returning. Les Miles although perceived as lucky from time to time has done a real solid job in leading this team way beyond the Nick Saban era. If Jordan Jefferson can just double his TD numbers this year from 7 to 14 and just limit turnovers then that will give the tigers the best qb play they have had in the past 3 seasons and The explosive talent they have at WR will finally be noticed. On defense many people over the years have came to know and understand what you are getting from a John Chavis coached defense. They will bend and not break and will play lots of zone. With 7 returning starters and what I am sure are talented replacements at the other postions I am sure that John will have them being a force in the SEC once again. We finally take a look at the work load this year and it is going to be a challenge. They open against another Team in this list the Oregon Ducks. Both teams of which are in my top 5 and no matter who wins or loses I feel will end up in the final top 5. So that opening weekend LSU's National title hopes are on the line along with Oregon's. So you better be ready to play. They also go on the road to likely preseason favorite to win the Big East at West VA and of course have to play killer teams in the SEC such as Alabama and Arkansas. It will be a grind but, LSU has been doing this for a few years they play schedule like this often i feel as if the Oregon and Alabama games are the true road blocks on the list and I see 10-2 but I still see an At large bid to a BCS game and a Final ranking in the top 5 due to the nature of the tough schedule they will pick up some point from voters because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment